Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Self Defined Scatter Chart
posted

Aloha guys,

I would like to create a scatter chart similar to picture shown as above using UltraChart but i faced a few problems as follow:

1) I want AXIS-Y to start from 0 to -20 (which is unusual i know) and I want to be able to defined the range of the scale by myself, but i wonder how can i do it in UltraChart?

2) How can I create another 2 additional axes (the 2 red lines shown on the picture) on the chart?

Thanks

Parents
    posted

Well to do this with the current UltraChart I would suggest taking the absolute values of your data, then plot it from 0-20 on the Y and 0-20 on the X by doing the following:

1) You can define the range of the scale by going to Axis-> X->RangeType = Custom, and then setting the RangeMax and RangeMin of the X Axis. Do the same for the Y, which in both cases would be Min=0 Max=20. Now go to Axis->X->Labels-ItemFormatString and set it to"-<DATA_VALUE:0.##>" So now your graph should look like it's graphing from 0 to -20, and all your data points will be correctly plotted (as long as you take their absolute value).

2) To add those 2 additional axes I would suggest handling the FillSceneGraph event which will allow you to draw any arbitrary shape or text. Here's a link to more information about handling the FillSceneGraph event: http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/NET/2008.2/CLR2.0/html/Chart_Modify_Scene_Graph_Using_FillSceneGraph_Event.html

Finally, I hope this helps and let me know how it goes. -Paul

Reply Children