Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DataSourceBase.RefreshGrid() after ExpandToLevelAsync hangs application
posted

Hello there

I'm trying to expand all Rows programmatically which _usually_ works with the following code:

var filterViewModels = PivotGrid.DataSource.Rows.Where(fvm => fvm is IFilterViewModel).ToList();

for (int i = 0; i < filterViewModels.Count; i++)
{
var filterViewModel = filterViewModels[i] as IFilterViewModel;
if (i == filterViewModels.Count - 1)
{
((DataSourceBase)PivotGrid.DataSource).ExpandToLevelAsync(filterViewModel, filterViewModel.Hierarchy.Levels.Count - 1).ContinueWith(
(t) => PivotGrid.DataSource.RefreshGrid(), TaskContinuationOptions.ExecuteSynchronously);
}
else
{
((DataSourceBase)PivotGrid.DataSource).ExpandToLevelAsync(filterViewModel, filterViewModel.Hierarchy.Levels.Count - 1);
}
}

##################

I used the word usually because in certain environments my application hangs on "PivotGrid.DataSource.RefreshGrid()" (hangs means doesn't respond to anything while having 0% CPU usage)

This occurs on 2 PCs with the same configuration: 

HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF

Intel Core i5-3570
Win 7 32 bit

This Error occurs only when i try to expand all rows programmatically (using the "+"-indicators of the UI works as expected),

expanding single Nodes by Code (eg. when restoring a previous saved state of the grid) works flawlessly.

Does anyone have an Idea how to fix/avoid this? I really need this functionality...

BR

Parents Reply Children