Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Eliminating useless whitespace
posted

I've set my column widths the way I want them:

But as you can see, xmDataGrid won't show the entire column heading (State, Vehicle, Driver#) because it has reserved nearly 20 pixels of whitespace on the right side of the column. How can I eliminate the header clipping behavior? I would also like to avoid cell clipping (which is only 4 pixels, so not as bad).

Also, I don't want the left-hand column that contains the little triangle. How do I get rid of it?

And, how can I reduce the row spacing slightly?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking through it and I created a sample project for you with a XamDataGrid with the look you want to achieve. Basically I copied the default Style of the LabelPresenter and modify it. In the future I suggest you do so when you want to change the template of some control, but don’t want to lose functionality. Also I commented the SortIndicator control in the Style, so now when you sort a Field it won’t be visible and won’t cut the header. As for the RecordSelector there is a RecordSelectorLocation Property of the XamDataGrid’s FieldLayoutSettings which can be set to None. The default Styles are installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\NetAdvantage 2011.1\WPF\DefaultStyles\DataPresenter\DataPresenterGeneric_Express.xaml by default. Please let me know if this is what you want to achieve or I misunderstood you in some way.

Looking forward for your reply.

XamDataGRidLabels.zip
Children