Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DataRecord Animation
posted

Hi! I'm trying to animate with blinking incoming datarecord (from background thread).

I'm extending DataRecordCellArea style  in my control:

<Style x:Key="aniDataRecordPresenter" TargetType="{x:Type igDP:DataRecordCellArea}" BasedOn="{StaticResource {x:Type igDP:DataRecordCellArea}}">         <Style.Triggers>           <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Path=Record.Tag, RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}}" Value="true">             <DataTrigger.EnterActions>               <BeginStoryboard Name="BackgroundColorStoryboard">                 <Storyboard>                   <ColorAnimation DesiredFrameRate="5" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Background.Color" From="Black" To="Red" FillBehavior="Stop" RepeatBehavior="Forever" />                 </Storyboard>               </BeginStoryboard>               <BeginStoryboard Name="BackgroundAlternateColorStoryboard">                 <Storyboard>                   <ColorAnimation DesiredFrameRate="5" Storyboard.TargetProperty="BackgroundAlternate.Color" From="Black" To="Red" FillBehavior="Stop" RepeatBehavior="Forever" />                 </Storyboard>               </BeginStoryboard>             </DataTrigger.EnterActions>           </DataTrigger>           <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Path=Record.Tag, RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}}" Value="false">             <DataTrigger.EnterActions>               <StopStoryboard BeginStoryboardName="BackgroundColorStoryboard" />               <StopStoryboard BeginStoryboardName="BackgroundAlternateColorStoryboard" />             </DataTrigger.EnterActions>           </DataTrigger>         </Style.Triggers>       </Style> * This source code was highlighted with Source Code Highlighter .

Record.Tag receives true when record is added to the Item source of xamDataPresenter, and switches to false on RecordSeceltion event.

But when a wide range of records are blinking, application have performance issues.

May be there is another approach of record animation? Or any ways to improve animation performance ?

P.S.

I'm setting DataRecordCellAreaStyle in my FieldLayoutSettings

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

I have further investigate the behavior that you are describing and the sample application that I have created does not seem to have any issues even the application runs in full screen. I am attaching a video of the behavior that I am getting with the sample application that I have previously attached. I have changed the animation color, so the video will be more clear.

If you wish to improve the performance of the XamDataGrid I can suggest looking into the following blog post by Kiril Matev, which describes how you can achieve better performance of the XamDataGrid:  http://blogs.infragistics.com/blogs/kiril_matev/archive/2010/10/26/optimizing-xamdatagrid-performance.aspx

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Krasimir

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics

www.infragistics.com/support

Children