Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Automatic Scrolling in xamDataChart
posted

I've looked around the settings but not seen anything that seems to indicate this; is there some sort of property or field to make a chart scroll as data is received?  We'd like the chart to maintain at most, say, X data points, and it'll display the X most recent data points.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello Collin,

I reviewed your questions and I can suggest you try setting the WindowScaleHorizontal and the WindowPositionHorizontal properties of xamDataChart. The WindowPositionHorizontal will allow you to choose which part of the axis is shown and the WindowScaleHorizontal is for setting the size of it.  You can bind their values any way you want. For example, if you have currently 100 points and you want only 10 to be shown, you can set the value of WindowScaleHorizontal (have to be between 0 and 1) to 0.1 and the WindowPositionHorizontal to 0,9. Of course, you can bind these values to properties in your code behind. Also you can add HorizontalZoomable=”True”  HorizontalZoombarVisibility=”Visible”  to have the ability to see the previous data.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance on the matter, or if I have misunderstood you in any way.

Children