Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Combine hierarchical data in one row
posted

Hi,

I'm using the XamDataGrid with hierarchical data as datasource so i get this output:

Parent1 Col1 | P1 Col2 | P1 Col 3

+ Child1 Col 1| C1 Col 2 | C1 Col 3

+ Child2 Col 1| C2 Col 2 | C2 Col 3

Now i'm looking for a way to display parent and child in the same row to see something like this:

Parent1 Col1 | P1 Col2 | P1 Col 3 | C1 Col 1| C1 Col 2 | C1 Col 3

Parent1 Col1 | P1 Col2 | P1 Col 3 | C2 Col 1| C2 Col 2 | C2 Col 3

Is there a way to achieve this without manually combine parent and child in one datatype?

Thanks for your help.

- Bastian

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Bastian,

I have logged a Feature Request for this (FR12954) with Product Mangement.  This question came up in one of my prior support cases, and the suggestion I got from our developers was the following.

Try setting the Field’s IsExpandable property to false and then set its Field.Settings.CellValuePresenterStyle to a style with a template for that field to display the child data horizontally. You could try putting a ListBox in the template that uses a horizontal stack panel.

This approach worked well for the customer I was working with, although I do not have a sample implementing this myself.

If I can be of furhter assistance, please let me know.

Thanks,

Children