Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamRibbon - Context sensitivity when undocked (floating)
posted

Sorry for having to post in this part of the forum, I'm getting "Access Denied" to the Layouts area.

I'm using 2010.1 and having an issue with floating windows and their ability to communicate with a context-sensitive menu in the ribbon of my main window.

The scenario I'm experiencing can be replicated as follows (assuming that a context-sensitive menu has been created for a Tabbed Document document):

1)  View a Tabbed Document and observe that it's context-sensitive menu can be clicked and the contents accessed.
2)  Float the document (either by right-click > "Floating" or right-click > "Dockable")
3)  Click on the context-sensitive menu item.  (At this point, it disappears for me).

Any suggestions/work-arounds?

Thanks,
Rob

P.S.  On a separate note, if I wish to hide a Tabbed Document (right-click > "Hide"), where does it go and how can I "unhide" it?!