Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
PropertyGrid with XamGrid
posted

Sorry if this is a simple question, but I am looking for a WPF PropertyGrid and I was wondering if the Infragstics grids can be used to *easily* mimic a PropertyGrid. 

Trying to get rid of all my WinForm crap, and this is one of the last pieces.  Appreciate any help or pointers.

BTW, I do know of MindScapes control.  Since we already own Inrfagistics licenses, I was hoping Infragistics to be my one stop shop for everything UI!

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted
    Hi KZ -

The xamDataGrid can be used to simulate a property grid but I don't think this would be *easy*.   I just took a quick look at the Mindscape web site you referred to and the description of their PropertyGrid control, and it seems that duplicating the functionality of that control would take some work - not in terms of interfacing with the xamDataGrid as much as doing all the other stuff like:
    • reflecting over the supplied object to discover properties and sub objects
    • assign the appropriate editors to each discovered property and possibly creating new editors if the xamEditors don't work for a particular data type.
    Joe

Reply Children