Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Copy copies the entire record instead individual field
posted

I want to implement copy functionality for my window and also I want row to be selected when user click anywhere on the grid. I set two property CellClickAction ="SelectRecord" and AllowClipboardOperations="Copy". But whenever I click cell and copy using CTRL+C, I get the entire row insted of one field. I can set CellClickAction ="SelectCell" and get the disired result, but I loose record selection upon cell click.

Best result expected is to have user click on the cell and copy the required text from the field using mouse or left/right arrow, it is like read-only field but allow user to move around the field, even scrolling if the fields are larger. If anybody can assist to get this property, I really appreciate. Thanks

<igDP:FieldSettings AllowRecordFiltering="True" FilterOperatorDropDownItems ="None" FilterEvaluationTrigger="OnEnterKeyOrLeaveCell" CellClickAction ="SelectRecord" AllowSummaries="True" SummaryDisplayArea="BottomFixed" SummaryUIType="SingleSelect"/>

<igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayoutSettings ><igDP:FieldLayoutSettings HighlightAlternateRecords="True" AutoFitMode="Always" SelectionTypeRecord="Extended" FilterClearButtonLocation="RecordSelector" AllowFieldMoving ="WithinLogicalRow" HeaderPrefixAreaDisplayMode ="FieldChooserButton" AllowClipboardOperations="Copy" /></igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayoutSettings>

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

I believe your best option in this case is to handle the ClipboardCopying event, in which you have access to the values that will be copied and remove the ones that you do no wish to copy.

Children