Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Splitterbar functionality
posted

How do I get the splitterbar to work like it does in Outlook. I can expand the Outlookbar but it simply expands over my content, how do I get it to resize the content next to the bar as well?

To get around the issue I have an Outlookbar in a grid and I use the grid splitter but I would like to use the Outlookbar splitter if possible.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Moving the splitter of the XamOutlookBar essentially manipulates the Width of the control itself. Whether the siblings of the xamOutlookBar are resized will depend on what panel you are putting it in and how you have set up that panel. So if for example you had the xamOutlookBar in a DockPanel where you set the attached DockPanel.Dock of the xob to Left then when it was resized its width should get larger/smaller and the containing DockPanel should redistribute the space amongst the elements in that panel. If you had the XamOutlookBar within a Grid panel where the ColumnDefinition it occupied was set to Auto then again the Grid panel should adjust how it sizes the other elements in the panel. If you still have issues then please post a small snippet of the xaml indicating how you are containing the xamOutlookBar.

Children