Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid in ScrollViewer display two scrollbars
posted

Hi,

I have an hierarchical grid in ScrollViewer and grid has many rows. When I press the expand indicator, 2 scrollbars appear; one for the ScrollViewer which is the parent of the Grid and one for XamDataGrid itself whereas the grid should not display the scrollbar as it is inside the ScrollViewer which gives its children infinite space to exist in.

Please can someone help me to resolve this issue? Is this a bug? I am using the latest version of Infragistics NetAdvantage for WPF 8.2.

Thanks in advance.

Adeel

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Adeel,

I have come across the same problem, whereby I am creating a document containing multiple 'widgets' - of which a XamDataGrid is one.  The document itself is a ScrollViewer, to allow you to scroll up and down, the same as MS Word.

The problem lies in turning off the XamDataGrids built in vertical scrolling - I would like it's height to be the full height of all the rows it contains.  One pre-requisite to achieving this is to ensure all row containers are generated at startup, as I assume the reuse of containers would only work with it's in-built ScrollViewer.

Saying that, I've been trying to get this to work for an hour or two now and haven't really got anywhere.  I have been playing with the templates for the XamDataGrid and RecordListControl (that contains the in-built ScrollViewer), adjusting various properties, adding in a StackPanel etc.. but can't yet get the desired behaviour.

If anyone has any suggestions or has got this to work, it would be very useful, as I'll have to return to this at some point.

Regards,

Dave.

Children