Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NumericTimeDataPoint for WPF available?
posted

The class NumericTimeDataPoint in UltraWinChartis very handy when it comes to creating monitor graphs (like the one in Windows' Task Manager). It allows me to have a line of data begin on the right side of a line chart, and then grow into the chart, and eventually flow out on the left side. The X axis labels automatically update to reflect the time when the data was collected.

Is there a comparable way to do this with Wpf.Chart?

Thanks,

Stefan

Parents
    posted

I figured it out using the ScatterLine graph does the trick, but then I noticed an absolutely horrible performance of the ScatterLine graph with time as X axis. As soon as more than about 100 data points are added (in a single or multiple series) the CPU usage shoots up to near 100%. It stays there for a while, only to recover to about 40% after about 500 data points have been added.

I am using data binding against a collection. I can supply a sample application on request.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Stefan 

Reply Children