Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
applying style DataRecordCellArea dynamically
posted

I have a list of objects implementing INotifyPropertyChange bound to a Grid (particularly CSLA objects).  One of the properties is called IsValid and responds true if there is any error on the object.

I've applied the following style

<Style TargetType="{x:Type igDP:DataRecordCellArea}">

<Style.Triggers>

<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Record.DataItem.IsValid, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged, ValidatesOnDataErrors=True}" Value="False">

<Setter Property="Background" Value="Red" />

<Setter Property="FontWeight" Value="Bold" />

</DataTrigger>

<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Record.DataItem.IsValid}" Value="True">

<Setter Property="Background" Value="Green" />

</DataTrigger>

</Style.Triggers>

</Style>

I also have a textbox outside of the grid bound to a field of the active record.  When I put invalid data in this field, I can see the grid update with the same info, but it doesn't trigger the red background.  If I scroll the record out of view and back into view, it then displays a red background.  How do I set it up to display the red background when the data becomes invalid?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

I'm looking for a solution to an identical problem - i have dynamic styles set on the value editors, with attached converters that output the correct background color. however, the converter gets only called on certain circumstances, like scrolling the grid, ect. ... i also need a way to trigger that manually!

any ideas?

Children