Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamDataChart: Show one tooltip from all series
posted

Hello,

I would like to show the values from all series in one combined tooltip, like the picture below. Is that possible? If yes, how.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Bin,

Thank you for posting to Infragistics Community!

I have been looking into your question and I believe you will find the Category Tooltip Layer topic in our documentation very helpful on the matter. The CategoryToolTipLayer displays grouped tooltips for the series on the XamDataChart control using a category axis.

<ig:XamDataChart >
        <!— other configs -->
        <ig:XamDataChart.Axes>
        <!— axes -->
        </ig:XamDataChart.Axes>
        <ig:XamDataChart.Series>
        <!— series -->
            <ig:CategoryToolTipLayer ToolTipPosition="Auto"
                                                                   TransitionDuration="0:00:00.1"/>
        </ig:XamDataChart.Series>
    </ig:XamDataChart>

Furthermore, by setting the ToolTip object of each series, you could add additional text for each series value.

<ig:LineSeries ItemsSource="{StaticResource data}"
    ValueMemberPath="Oil"
    XAxis="{Binding ElementName=xAxis}"
    YAxis="{Binding ElementName=yAxis}">
        <ig:LineSeries.ToolTip>
            <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                <TextBlock>Some text:</TextBlock>
                <TextBlock Text="{Binding Item.Oil}" />
            </StackPanel>
        </ig:LineSeries.ToolTip>
    </ig:LineSeries>

If this is not an accurate demonstration of what you would like to achieve, please do provide more details regarding the types of series and axes used. Thank you for your cooperation.

Attached you will find a small sample with a XamDataChart displaying several series and demonstrating the CategoryToolTipLayer. Please, test it on your side and if you require any further assistance on the matter, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Bozhidara Pachilova
    Associate Software Developer

2117.XDCCategoryTooltipLayer.zip

Reply Children