Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamGrid scroll issue
posted

Hi,

I am working with XamGrid (I know it is recommended to move to XamDataGrid, but that's problematic for this specific grid).

The grid behaves weird when the data in the columns needs scrolling for some of the columns.

Once I select a line (using mouse) with a long text within one of the columns, the H-scroll jumps to the end of the grid.

When I scroll to the start and click on another line, which is shorter, the scroll sometimes jumps to the end and sometimes does not.

I've attached a sample class that shows this beahvior.

also I've added images:

1  - showing the state after selection of line X

2- showing the scroll I've manually changed, before selection of line Y (highlighted)

3 - showing the state after I've clicked on that line.

please advise how can I turn-off the scroll sauto-jump' behavior or any other workaround to solve this

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Eli,

Thank you for your post.

I have been investigating into this behavior you are seeing with the XamGrid control, and I have reproduced it. As you have mentioned in your original description, I would recommend moving the XamDataGrid control if at all possible, as the XamGrid is essentially a retired control at this point.

You mentioned that this migration is problematic for that specific grid. I am curious as to why? From your screenshots, it does not appear that you are implementing any sort of feature that the XamDataGrid does not have that the XamGrid does. That list at this point is essentially limited to numbered paging, as the XamDataGrid can do everything else that the XamGrid does, and it generally does it better and in a more performant way.

I have been investigating into a potential workaround for this issue, but unfortunately, I do not believe there is going to be a simple one, as the “scroll into view” behavior is handled entirely internal to the grid when a cell is activated, and there does not exist a way to shut that off without shutting cell activation off entirely. I believe what is happening is that there is likely code in place that is scrolling the horizontal scrollbar to its maximum value if the last column is activated, leaving this case where if the column is larger than the width of the grid, you will see the behavior you are seeing. I am unsure why it works normally only sometimes.

This behavior is unexpected, and as such I have asked our engineering staff to examine it further. I have logged this behavior in our internal tracking systems with a development ID of 273165. I have also created you a private support case that I will be linking this issue to. It has an ID of CAS-213478-J4P5V4 and you can access it here: https://es.infragistics.com/my-account/support-activity.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children