Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Join heirarchical objects in grid
posted

I understand that if you bind a collection whose members include another collection you will by default get hierarchical field layouts. But is there a way to join the two field layouts so that the properties of the parent model are displayed in line, for n rows, where n is the number of child data models? Like an inner join of two tables where the shared value appears in a one->many pattern. Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

I assume you would like to hide all parent rows, and include the information from the parent row in every child row. If this is the case, the best way would be to create a method that returns a new collection of objects with all properties you would like to be displayed and bind the grid to it.

Hiding parent rows will always hide the child rows as well. The only workaround would be to set the height of the parent row to 0 and make the borders transparent, but that will not remove the indentation between the rows and make it feel unnatural and unaesthetic. 

Should you have any further questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Tihomir Tonev
    Associate Software Developer

Children