Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Translating Gantt chart with strings from DB
posted

Hi,

we're trying to localize our application using translation strings stored in DB. Everything's fine with XamDataGrid and other controls, where we've used ResourceCustomizer class to override the strings.

With Gantt chart, however, I understand that the API is not the same and there's no ResourceCustomizer. I've searched for how to supply a custom Resource file at runtime then, but failed to find "RegisterResources" method, like in some other controls.

So, what would be the recommended way to supply/override translation strings at runtime for Gantt chart?

Regards,

Gediminas.

Parents
    posted

Hello Gediminas Geigalas,

You could find the default resource strings that you need to change for XamGantt here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\2016.1\WPF\CLR4.0\Bin\InfragisticsWPF4.Controls.Schedules.XamGantt.v16.1.resx

After you find all the resource string names you need and generate your custom resource file based on your data, you could use Project.RegisterResources method and pass in the path to your custom resource file like in the following snippet code:

Project.RegisterResources("WpfApplication1.Resource1", typeof(MainWindow).Assembly);

I have created a sample demonstrating this.

Please take a look at the sample and let me know if this helps you or you need further assistance on this matter.

WpfApplication1.zip
Reply Children