Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamShowcase project
posted

When I open the WPF 2008 xamShowcase project in VS2008 I am unable to load the xaml in the Designer. For instance,

DirectReportsControl.xaml error
"Error 2 Value 'True' cannot be assigned to property 'IsDefault'. The property 'IsDefault' is read-only and cannot be changed. "

xamTrader.xaml errors
"Error 1 Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: name Line '1' Position '958'. "
"Error 2 Value 'Resources\xamTrader\EasyGoing.xaml' cannot be assigned to property 'Source'. The resource dictionary XAML file has errors and cannot be loaded. "

EasyGoing.xaml error
"Error 1 Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: name Line '1' Position '958'. "

Any ideas? Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

It sounds like Visual Studio Designer is displyaing errors when it tries to render the XAML but the code will compile and run with no problem. Is this correct?

The Designer in Visual Studio has problems working with custom controls. I see this problem all the time in Visual Studio. Expression Blend appears to be more robust with its visual designer. However, I have seen Blend display errors as well. It is my understanding that these errors are defects in in the Microsoft XAML rendering. After compiling and running, Windows has no problem rendering the controls. One work-around to this problem is to refactor the XAML into smaller sections and to use the XAML editor.

If you have a MSDN account, it would be great if you reported these as bugs with Microsoft. You could also report these issues with Infragistics Developer Support to see if they have additional information related to this issue. The webpage for the Infragistics online dev support submission page is:

http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Protected/SubmitSupportIssue.aspx

Thank you,

Children