Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Deep Copy / Clone of a UltraGrid
posted

Anybody knows how can I clone or do a Deep Copy of a UltraGrid??

I make my own function to do it but .... the UltraGrid is not a serializable object and it craches :(

Although, if I can't clone that, I want to know if it's possible to extract only the data and put it on another UltraGrid. Can I extract the DataSource associated, clone it, and assign to a new UltraGrid?

Thanxs! 

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Alex,

Copying the data source has nothing to do with the grid, that would be entirely dependent on the data source. I'm pretty sure DataSet and DataTable have Clone methods, don't they?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by cloning the grid? I don't think you can clone the entire grid object, but you can save the DisplayLayout of the grid (there are Save/Load methods on the object itself). This should cover any user-customizable properties in the grid. If you want to copy other settings, you might be able to do it using the PresetSerializer. 

Children