Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to personalize ToolTip in TimeLine ?
posted

Hi,

I'd like to modify ToolTip information in TimeLine. Instead showing Duration I'd like to show a custom column from task. 

Is it possible ? 

I've found  event TaskToolTipDisplaying, but I can't change ToolTipText.

I create new instance of toolTip but I have to reset all value from the original e.ToolTip. 

There is a way to modify just the text without cloning with reflection the original one ? 

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi,

There are different approaches to solve this task, but the easiest way is through TaskToolTipDisplaying event.  Maybe you could try the code below:

private void ultraGanttView1_TaskToolTipDisplaying(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGanttView.TaskToolTipDisplayingEventArgs e)

{

ToolTipInfo info = e.ToolTipInfo;

info.DisplayStyle = ToolTipDisplayStyle.BalloonTip;

info.ToolTipText = "My custom information" + Environment.NewLine + "Second row of information"; //e.Task.Resources.ToString();

info.ToolTipText += Environment.NewLine + "My start date "+ e.Task.StartDateTime.ToShortDateString();

info.ToolTipText +=  Environment.NewLine + "My custom column data:" + e.Task.GetCustomProperty("Key of my custom column");

e.ToolTipInfo = info;

}

Let me know if you have any questions.

Children