Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Refreshing a ULTRAGRID VIEW
posted

Hi Team

Please help me to resolve my issue with gridview refresh.

I am using ULTRAGRID View for displaying user information. There is a tabbed manager control in my MDI form

The user details screen is having Add user toolbar. When clicked on this it will open another tab for adding user. When the user is added to the db, onclosing event of this form  I am refreshing the user details screen (ie re binding the data from db.) but the data inside the gridview is not reloading (not able to see the newly added record)

I am using VB.net

//User Add formclose event.

Private Sub frmUserAdd_FormClosing(sender As System.Object, e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs) Handles MyBase.FormClosing

Using frmU As New frmUser

frmU.RefreshGrid()

End Using

End Sub

//Below is the code for Gridview details page refreshGrid

Public Sub RefreshGrid()
        Try

Dim RmUser As New RateMappingUser()
            Dim ds As New DataSet
            RmUser.connectionString = gHiveConnectionString
            ds = RmUser.GetAllUsers()
            grdAllUsers.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)
            If grdAllUsers.Rows.Count > 0 Then
                grdAllUsers.Rows(0).Selected = True
            End If
            CommonSettings.SetGridSettings(grdAllUsers)
        Catch ex As Exception
            Using frmErr As New frmException(ex.Message, ex.InnerException.ToString())
                frmErr.ShowDialog()
            End Using
        End Try
    End Sub

End Class

Thanks in advance
Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

There's really no enough information here for me to go on. I don't know what most of these objects are, so there's no way for me to even guess what this code is supposed to do.

For what I can see, if looks like you are creating a form that gets the data from the data base and creates a new DataSet. And then presumably your users are modifying that data set, but this will not have any effect on the back end you somehow commit those changes. And the you could will have to update the existing DataSet (or whatever data source you are using) for your user information screen.

Maybe I am wrong, but if that's what you are doing, it's a very convoluted and different way to achieve what you want. It would be a lot easier to use the existing DataSet you already have in memory instead of going back to the DataBase.

Children