Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Visual Studio 2012 designer crashes when dragging an UltraPanel on a Control
posted

When dragging an UltraPanel on a Control Design, I'm getting following error:

---------------------------

Microsoft Visual Studio
Failed to create component 'UltraPanel'. The error message follows:
'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D745): A reference to the component 'Infragistics4.Win.Misc.v13.1' already exists in the project.
at VSLangProj.References.Add(String bstrPath)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.PerformReferenceUpdate(List`1 newReferences)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.System.ComponentModel.Design.ITypeResolutionService.ReferenceAssembly(AssemblyName name)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.ReferenceAssembly(AssemblyName name)
at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.GetType(IDesignerHost host, AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean reference)
at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host)
at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues)
at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponents(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues)
at Syst...'
OK

Removing the reference to Misc solves the problem, but when dragging a new control same error happens again...

Version 13.1 (latest hotfix/version).

Lieven

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Lieven,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics.

I'd like you to open the licenses.licx file that can be found under the Properties node in a C# project or the My Project node in a VB project.  For a VB project you may need to click the "Show All Files" button in Solution Explorer first.

One you have the file open, clear the entire contents of the file and then save it.  Do a clean and rebuild of the project and then try adding the panel again.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Children