Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Access to the path 'C:\MyProject\bin\Infragistics4.Shared.v13.1.dll' is denied.
posted

Dear Developers --

Please help.

How can I avoid the DLL locking issue noted below?

(Note that I am using VS 2012 on Win 7, all patched.)

(Note that the error goes away if I restart VS.)

---------------------------

Microsoft Visual Studio
Multiple errors occurred during the operation, the first of which is displayed below. A full error list is available in the Output Window.

C:\Mcp\MCP Plus\MadisonCableProgram\Presentation\MCPScreens\bin\Infragistics4.Shared.v13.1.dll: 

Access to the path 'C:\MyProject\bin\Infragistics4.Shared.v13.1.dll' is denied.
OK

Thanks.

-- Mark Kamoski

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Mark,

Seems that something in your VS is keeping handles of some control/ class or something that is using Infragistics Shared dll.  Generally this is issue with the VS and I have seen few times in various environments where I have used custom libraries. In this scenario Visual Studio keeps handles / locks on files that it shouldn't which can cause problems building, that’s why restarting the VS helps in your case.

What I can suggest you to try :

• Get Visual Studio to Clean and then rebuild the solution (it might be Visual Studio that has the lock). Delete all bin /obj files form your solution.
    • Use a tool to check the open apps and resources that they are using (like Process Explorer) to check what processes have a handle to that file (and also optionally forcibly close the handles).
    • Make sure is you have custom control or library added in your project that was releasing all resources and is no longer used in your app, or other application
    • Close all other instances of VS
    • And at the end restart the machine and re-open Visual Studio with one project and see if this happened after few rebuilds.

Try first 4 suggestions and if doesn’t  help try with the last one.

I hope this helps.

Children