Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo row traversal / text box entry
posted

I apologize if this has been asked previously, my forum search didn't turn up any results.

I understand the standard behavior of the UltraCombo is this (note I'm only speaking about an editable combo)

1. Combo Text Value is empty.  Click into text field to gain focus.

2. Click dropdown arrow.  Drop down appears

3. Down arrow to next row in the list.  The currently selected / active row value appears in the combo text field.

4. Down arrow to next row.  Text value changes to the newly selected row.

5. Close drop down, text value remains.

Setting aside *why* I've been asked to do this, If I wanted the following behavior instead:

1. Combo text is empty.  Click into text box to gain focus.

2. Click drop down arrow.  First row in the drop down is active, but no value is show in the text box.

3. Click down arrow.  Next row in the drop down is active.  Still no value is shown in the text box.

4. Close drop down.  Text box value is empty.

In a nutshell, I ONLY want the text portion of the combo to have a value IF either 1) the user pressed the enter key on a row or 2) the user clicked a row with the mouse.

Is this possible?  I've been wrestling it for a few days.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

There's no way to do this with the built-in combo dropdown. You could create your own combo, though. There's a little work involved, but it's probably not as bad as you think. You can use a DropDownEditorButton and put a grid on it and then you just have to code the interaction between the two. There's some sample code here to get you started.

Reply Children