Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MdiMergePlaceholderTools not being disposed
posted

Hi all, 

Currently running 12.2 Windows Forms components.  While running our app in a memory profiler, I've noticed the creation of a number of MdiMergePlaceholderTools and InstanceProps that are not released after closing the window being tested.  After repeated runs the number of these tools steadily increases and they do not ever seem to be disposed.  The same number of InstanceProps objects are being created, so it seems these tools also have instance props.

According to the help site, the MdiMergePlaceholderTool is "created internally as a wrapper to a merged tool from an MDI child".  I tried setting MdiMergable to false in our ToolbarManager, but this did not seem to have an effect.

Are these tools created in other components?  Do I need to do anything specific to get these released?

Thanks

EDIT: I accidentally posted this in the wrong section.  Please move to the appropriate topic.  Thanks!

Parents Reply
    posted in reply to Hristo Goshev

Hi Hristo, 

We use .NET Memory Profiler (http://memprofiler.com/).  I ran your sample inside the profiler.  I took a heap snapshot before opening a window, clicked "Add Form", and then took another heap snapshot.  The profiler showed MdiMergePlaceholderTools obects being created and not Removed.  After opening multiple windows and closing them, I have a growing total of said tools.

I am not seeing additional instance props being created in your sample like I do in our project, so it seems we are doing something wrong there.

EDIT: We are using infragistics 12.2.20122.2087

EDIT 2: I set the MdiMergable property to false in a second test and did not see any of those objects being created or disposed.  In fact, I saw quite a bit less action as a whole as far as object creation/removal.

Children