Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Show Summaries in GroupBy Rows even after the group is expanded
posted

Hello,

I have an infragistic grid with where i have set the following properties:

e.Layout.Override.GroupBySummaryDisplayStyle = GroupBySummaryDisplayStyle.SummaryCells;
e.Layout.Override.AllowRowSummaries = AllowRowSummaries.SingleSummaryBasedOnDataType;
e.Layout.Override.SummaryDisplayArea = SummaryDisplayAreas.InGroupByRows;
e.Layout.Override.SummaryFooterCaptionVisible = DefaultableBoolean.False;

The grid works fine. The summaries are displayed in the group by rows when they are all collapsed. However, when expanded I lose the summaries. I would like to see the summaries in the group by row headers even after the groups are expanded. I do not want to see the summaries in a separate "Total" line at the bottom of the group. I have attached an image with 3 sections:

1) How its is showing when its expanded

2) How it is showing when its collapsed

3) My desired view (used photoshop to get it.. not coded ofcourse!)

Thanks for any help!

Parents
    posted

Hello Ozzlaren,

There are different approaches to solve this task. My suggestion is to your our Summary designer. Please take a look at the attached sample and video file for more details.

Another approach to modify the GroupByRow summary text, could be if you handle InitializeGroupByRow() event. For example:

private void ultraGrid1_InitializeGroupByRow(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeGroupByRowEventArgs e)

{

e.Row.Description = "Here I could add the result of my query "+ e.Row.DescriptionWithSummaries;

}

Third option could be if you are using CreationFilter.  I think that for your scenario the first option is the best.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Video776.part01.rar
Reply Children