Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
.Net 4 ToolStrip Hosting UltraCombo
posted

Hello,

I've upgraded to the latest release of win form controls (13.1 (from 8.3), I'm not sure exactly which version as I no longer see the assemblies in the GAC).

Having been through our system looking for potential issues, I've noticed that all of the ToolStrip controls in our application doesn't appear to be hosting infragistic controls correctly, in particular the UltraCombo control.

In the sample below, you can see that the first control, an UltraLable, isn't hosted without issue, but then the next control, an UltraCombo control, overflows off the screen, this is the issue.

You can download a sample showing the issue here:

http://www.andrewburrow.net/SharedFiles/Download.aspx?pageid=40&mid=83&fileid=539

or by either browsing to http://www.andrewburrow.net/public-files.aspx, selecting the Infragistic Samples folder and selecting to download ToolStrip.zip.

System Information: Visual Studio 2010, .net 4.0, Infragistics 13.1, x64 Application, Windows 7 x64

Source code is simply doing this (ultraCombo1 has just been dropped on to the form in designer where I've set the visible property to false, along with a .Net 4 ToolStrip control):

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            ToolStripLabel label1 = new ToolStripLabel("1");
            ToolStripLabel label2 = new ToolStripLabel("2");
            ToolStripLabel label3 = new ToolStripLabel("3");
            toolStrip1.Items.Add(label1);
            toolStrip1.Items.Add(label2);
            toolStrip1.Items.Add(label3);

ToolStripControlHost tradeHost = new ToolStripControlHost(ultraCombo1);
            toolStrip1.Items.Add(tradeHost);
        }

Note: Hosting a .Net 4 Windows Forms ComboBox works without an issue.

Thanks
Andrew

Parents Reply Children