Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Editing rows is a ultracombo
posted

Hi

I am trying to edit rows in a ultracombo and am not having much luck.

I have bound a binding source to the the combo, set the allowupdate property to true and have tried to use the BeginUpdate method when trapping the rowselected event. However every time I click on row in the combo, the combo closes up preventing me from editing anything

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks 

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

The UltraCombo/UltraDropDown do not support editing.

If you want to create an editable dropdown control, you could do it using editors. What you would do is create an UltraTextEditor control and add a DropDownEditorButton to the ButtonsRight collection. Then you could place a WinGrid on the form and assign the Control property of the button to the grid. Presto - instant dropdown WinGrid.

You would have to handle events populate the TextBox when the user selects a row (or however you want them to select something) and you will probably also want to handle the AfterEditorButtonDropDown event to initialize the grid when it drops down. 

Children