Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Testing grid performance
posted

We use a customized version of the Infragistics grid in our product and we would like to assess the impact of our customizations on the overall performance of the grid. We'd like to run the same data through a stock WinGrid and our customized version to see what overhead we have added. Does anyone have any suggestions on the type of test data we should use and what metrics to monitor?  I'm starting from scratch here, so I'd like to hear what has worked for everyone.

Thanks in advance!

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello mathdx,

Since you are not giving much information on your scenario, I am not sure if we can help you a lot here.

Is your datasource flat? Please note that the performance issues are more likely to come from the datasource and not from our control. You could try with a strongly typed dataset or our 'UltraDataSource' component. What exactly are you concerned about - memory usage, responsiveness of the control?

Please take a look at the following link:

http://es.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/15306.aspx.

You could give a clearer view of what you worry about - the type of datasource to be used or the performance of our 'WinGrid' control.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any additional assistance.

Reply Children