Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to Increase Task Duration from outside of GanttView
posted

Good day,

I have a ganttview bound to a database, from the table where I saved the data, there are columns for taskname, duration, taskstarttime, etc. and the binary column for all fields. Now I have a process wherein I need to increase the taskduration directly from the database, I was able to increase it since the format of the data stored in database is 1.00:00:00, so what I did, I strip the 1 from the left and increment it by whatever number the user wants to, but my problem is, during reloading in the ganttview, the old value prevails, even if the taskduration is already 4.00:00:00, in ganttview it is still 1.

How to do it properly without using the ganttview to increase the taskduration?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello LSG,

For that scenario the mentioed issue is expected, because when you make changes direct into database ( for example in the TaskDuration column) these changes are not apply to the AllProperties column in the database. So we have inconsistent data between TaskDuration column  and AllProperties column in the database, that`s why when you re-laod your UltraGanttView, you still see your old data (from AllProperties column) instead the new data from TaskDuration column.

So if you make a changes direct into database for example in the TaskDuration column, you should make the same changes in the AllProperties column, but this is difficult task, because your data is in Binary format in the AllProperties column. So another possible option could be to set AllProprties = NULL or exclude AllProperties from the DataBinding. It means to remove :

this.ultraCalendarInfo1.DataBindingsForTasks.DurationMember = "TaskDuration";

Please take a look at the attached video file where I reproduce your issue and how to use my suggestion to solve your task.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Video061.part01.rar
Children