Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Clearing cell values using backspace stil retains old value
posted

Hello,

I am facing a wierd problem, I have an ultra wingrid whcih displays 15 bound coulmns. There are a few cells where the user can enter free text.

Now when the user enter some text into cell called "Notes" , moves to the next cell or clicks somewhere else (so that the focus is taken of this notes cell) and then if he clicks back into this "Notes" cell (which highlights all that has been previously typed) and uses the back space button to clear everything and again moves away from this cell, the previously entered value is retained.

This seems to happen only when I use backspace to clear the entire content which has been highlited by clicking into the cell.

any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks

AJ

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi AJ,

The only thing that comes to mind is that the data source field does not allow nulls and and is rejecting the change. Or perhaps the grid is not trying to save the correct value for null.

Some data sources like null, some like DBNull.Value, and some only accept an empty string. The grid tries to figure out the right one to use when you blank out a cell, but it cannot always get it right, so you could try setting the Nullable property on the column and see if any of the options help.

If none of this helps, you might try setting the Visual Studio IDE to break on all run-time exceptions and see if there are any exceptions occurring when you leave the cell or the row.

If that still doesn't help, then perhaps you could duplicate the problem in a small sample project and post it here so I can take a look?

Children