Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Toolbar converts tool linked images to embedded image resources
posted

Hello,

I am using an ultraToolbarManager with various tools. I set the image for these tools to an image in a shared resource project linked to the project containing the toolbar. This provides designer access to the shared images. When I set the image, I can inspect the Designer code and the image is linked. (appearance57.Image = global:: my shared project.my resx file.imagefile.) When the project with the tool bar is built, all these linked resources are converted into embedded resources in the resx of the control. The shared resources are used to efficiently manage images and making local copies is not desirable. The images in a local Project.Resources.resx file will remain as links so the compile process seems to recognize local resx files but not resx files in another project.

Is there some way to prevent this behaviour that embeds the images in the local resx of the control? (Likely the easiest way to sandbox this is to set up two projects and manually edit the designer generated code to link to an image in the second project. Then build.)

Wendy

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello,

All windows form components work on this way. For example start new project, drag PictureBox to the from, add image, build the project and close it. Delete the image and open again VisualStudio, you will see that the PictureBox will have this image and you could browse it from the resx file of the form. For more information please review the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7k989cfy%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

Please pay attention to the “Resources in Satellite Assemblies” section, which I think is what you are need.

The other approach which you could use is to assign your images at runtime.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I am missing something.

Children