Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraPrintDocument low-level error after MS12-025 security update
posted

This coponent generates a similar error to that reported for the PrintPreview. The following is whhat I reported to Microsoft (Jamshed Damkewala):

Jamshed,

Here is what little information I can provide:

The code leading up to the showing of my print dialog:

' Bring up the print selection dialog

DlgPrint = New Medicomp.Controls.Dialogs.PrintDlg

With DlgPrint

.BackColor = Me.BackColor

.SetParent(CType(Me, Medicomp.Controls.Dialogs.IPostDlg), MedClient)

.SetOptions(mintNarrativeItemtag, mintNarrativeOptions, myHeaderPrintMode, mintNarrativeOutput, mstrRTFBegin, mstrRTFEnd, mbolAllowEdit, mstrPath, gobjConfiguration.RTFStyles, Filename)

If (ovcOutline.OutlineNodes.Count > 0) Then

arSections.Add(New Medicomp.Controls.Dialogs.CPrintSection(ovcOutline.OutlineNodes, Medicomp.Controls.Dialogs.PrintElement.OutlineView, "Outline View"))

End If

.SetData(strHeading, arSections, arEncounters, mstrPrintFooterLeft)

.SetExportButtonMode(myExportButtonMode)

.NoteFormat = myPrintNoteFormat

If (.ShowDialog(Me) = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK) Then

I can confirm that the dialog gets the Activated event before the error message. The exact error is attached.

Our print dialog uses Infragistics  components for printing:

Infragistics.Win.Printing.UltraPrintPreviewControl

Infragistics.Win.Printing.UltraPrintDocument(Me.components)

Infragistics.Win.Printing.UltraPrintPreviewThumbnail

The underlying print document is the UltraPrintDocument which is inherited from System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument. When our dialog is first activated, there is nothing added to the UltraPrintDocument. After the Activate event is received,  the dialog gets the following two events; no other upDocument event gets raised (i.e. no PagePrinting. PageBodyPrinting, or PagePrinted. After the EndPrint event, the error is received. I did add some additional event handlers and got the QueryPageSettings event prior to the EndPrint event.

Private Sub upDocument_BeginPrint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintEventArgs) Handles upDocument.BeginPrint

upDocument.OriginAtMargins = False

End Sub

Private Sub upDocument_EndPrint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintEventArgs) Handles upDocument.EndPrint

Dim pa As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintAction = e.PrintAction

If (Not upDocument.PrintController.IsPreview) Then

CloseDialog()

End If

End Sub

This event is received after the BeginPrint:

Private Sub upDocument_QueryPageSettings(sender As Object, e As System.Drawing.Printing.QueryPageSettingsEventArgs) Handles upDocument.QueryPageSettings

Debug.WriteLine("upDocument_QueryPageSettings")

End Sub

I understand that Infragistics is also looking into this as they are getting other reports of the same error after installing the security update.

I realize this is sketchy, but that is all I have at the moment.

Parents Reply Children