Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem using ExcludedSharedControls in UltraTabControl
posted

Hi,

we have a problem using ExcludedSharedControls functionality on UltraTabControl when using inheritance.

I was able to create sample project and will explain the problem using the sample.

There is BaseForm : System.Windows.Forms.Form. I have placed just UltraTabControl on it. As I want to use the design on other Form I have changed accessibility of controls in BaseForm.Designer.cs.

private Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControl ultraTabControl;
private Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabSharedControlsPage ultraTabSharedControlsPage1;

To:

protected Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControl ultraTabControl;
protected Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabSharedControlsPage ultraTabSharedControlsPage1;

Now I have created another form MainForm : BaseForm. In design view of Visual Studio 2010 I have created two tabs. I have placed a control on Shared controls page.

Right click on tab2, select Exclude shared controls, select listed control, Apply, OK, Save. Tab1 shows control, tab2 does not.

So far so good.

Close the design view and reopen the file in design view. Tab1 shows control and tab2 also shows control. And this is not good. In MainForm.Design.cs there is still placed code:

ultraTab2.ExcludedSharedControls.AddRange(new System.Windows.Forms.Control[]{this.ultraTextEditor1});

In our project everytime we open such file in design view the code is even deleted.

Can you give us some advice how to overcome the problem? Or is it a bug?

Thank you

ExcludedControls.zip
Parents Reply Children