Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
KeyActionMappings
posted

It what order does the grid process the various KeyActionMappings collections owned by its child objects?

I have overriden the EditorWithMask class and am attempting to add a new NextSection mapping, but it never seems to get processed.  I believe some other child element of the grid has a conflicting mapping, but I can't figure out what it is.

If you can't supply the order, do you have any hints as to the best way to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

Can you explain exactly what you are trying do to with your new mapping? What is the behavior you want?

Off the top of my head, I think if a cell is in edit mode then the grid should be asking the editor to process the key first and the grid should only process that key if the editor does not, but the Tab key is very tricky, since the form also handles this key to navigate between controls.

I might be easier to handle the grid's KeyDown event of handle BeforePerformAction. But it's very hard to guess without knowing what you are trying to achieve.

Children