Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DockingAreaManager preventing garbage collection on a user control.
posted

Hi,

I am having some memory issues on a RTF editor user control that uses an UltraToolBarManager for toolbars.

It seemed that the toolbar was locking the usercontrol and the form that contains it.

I tried removing the toolbars and it disposes correctly but i would like to use so we can use the customization and app stylist.

Next tried to dispose every tool inside the toolbar and the toolbar itself. Now it doesn't locks the whole form, only the usercontrol but the problem persists as the rtfeditor is huge in memory and keeps locked.

Any guesses?

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

aralmo,

Thank you for providing the screen shot.  This shows that the UltraToolbarsManager is being held onto by a toolbar but doesn't tell what is holding a reference to the toolbar.  To look into this we need more details on how you are creating the UltraToolbarsManager and/or the toolbar, what you are trying to dispose of it, and what references your application may be holding on to.  Ideally to look into this it would be best if you could provide a sample that we could use for debugging.

Let me know if you have any questions with this matter.

Children