Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can I make an ultra drop down like dropdown list?
posted

I have tried using the combo editor as a cell in the grid, but it was giving all sorts of weird issues. (Mostly when I select a new value and it was not updating the cell until I left it). So I am going to attemp the UltraDropDown. Which it resolves all of my issues that I was having with the comboeidtor, however I woul prefer not  to have a column header and the ability to type in the text box. Basically I want it to look like a dropdownlist.  I need to use the drop down because I do not know how large the datasource is and I did not see a way that I can bind a table to a valuelist.

Can I do this?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello apalcer,

Assuming you have the 'UltraDropDown' in the first column(index 0), you could try something like the following code sample:

private void ultraDropDown1_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs e)
            {
                e.Layout.Bands[0].ColHeadersVisible = false;
            }

private void ultraGrid1_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs e)
            {
                e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns[0].Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.DropDownList;   
            }

Please feel free to let me know if I misunderstood you or if you have any other questions.

Children