Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Workbook.Load and scalability
posted

Hi all, I'm fairly new to Infragistics.Excel, so maybe I'm missing something.

I am wanting to load in the first 25 rows of an Excel spreadsheet in order to gain a hueristic understanding of the rest of the data, and display something meaningful to the user before continuing with the real work. I have some pretty aggressive excel file size targets I'm trying to meet for this application, and I am currently testing with a spread sheet that has a modest 50,000 rows and 40 columns. From what I can gather, it is necessary to call Workbook.Load before I can do anything, but of course this reads and parses the entire file which takes in the order of minutes.

My question is, is there a way using the Infragistics.Excel classes to quickly read in the worksheet collection, and then the first 25 rows of a given worksheet without loading the entire excel file into memory?

Thanks.

Parents
    posted

No, this is currently not possible with the Excel library. It sounds like you would need some sort of streaming reader, analogous to the XmlReader (whereas our current Workbook object is analogous to the XmlDocument). You can submit a feature request for something like this.

Reply Children