Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Copy-pasting a DateTime from a cell
posted

Hello,

I've got a grid where one of the columns being bound is DateTime. The grid recognizes this fact and automatically assigns a DateTimeEditor.

My  users don't want to see the Time portion of the date, so I've applied a format of:

column.format  = "yyyy MM dd"

column.MaskInput = "yyyy mm dd"

Everything looks good until I try to copy-paste from one of these cells: The spaces are removed from the date string. The users require that the format stay intact.

For example, if the grid cell shows "2011 07 14", when I copy-paste the value, I end up with "20010714".

I've tried disabling edit-mode when the cell is clicked. This copy-paste works correctly, but its difficult to tell that the cell is selected because it doesn't behave the same as other cells in the grid, and appears disabled.

Is there a way to either: copy-paste without removing the spaces? Or failing that, make the cell that is not in edit mode appear like it is?

This is in version 8.1.

Parents
No Data
Reply Children