Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraComboEditor switch focus to panel
posted

I have a project in which I have several different controls dynamically added to a panel which I do not have total control over. With most windows controls, if I click on space in the panel that contains no controls, focus leaves the current control and switches to the panel, which is the behavior I need. With the UltraComboEditor control, it refuses to give up focus unless I click on another control. Clicking in the empty panel area does nothing. Unfortunately, I cannot add a Click event to this panel to get around this. Is there a property I can set on the UltraComboEditor that will revert the behavior of the Infragistics control back to the behavior of the other ordinary windows controls? Or an UltraComboEditor event I can use to get around this issue?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

Panel controls, as far as I know, do not take focus.So are you saying that focus is going to some other control on the panel?

Is the UltraComboEditor on the panel or outside it? It seems like you are saying that the combo is outside the panel.

I did a quick test using both an UltraComboEditor and a ComboBox control. I also placed a panel on the form with a button on it.

If I drop down the UltraComboEditor and click on the button or anywhere in the panel or the form, the dropdown closes, but nothing else gets focus. The Button click event does not fire, nor does the panel or the button's enter events. The first click anywhere just closes the dropdown.

If I do the same thing with the ComboBox control, I get the same results.

I have attached my sample project here in case you want to try it.

There is no way to change this behavior.

WindowsFormsApplication20.zip
Reply Children