Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Header checkbox
posted

Hi,

One of my grid columns having checkboxes and header checkbox allowing check/uncheck all.

For some reason when I am checking single checkbox in grid row header checkbox changing state to Indeterminate as well, anyway to prevent this?

I have following settings on this column:

Me.grd.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.CheckBox
Me.grd.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Header.CheckBoxSynchronization = HeaderCheckBoxSynchronization.RowsCollection
Me.grd.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Header.CheckBoxVisibility = HeaderCheckBoxVisibility.Always

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

The reason the header checkbox state changes to Indeterminate is because at least one but not all of the cells in that column are checked. This is a standard UI metaphor; the "parent" checkbox shows as checked when all "child" checkboxes are checked, unchecked when all children are unchecked, and indeterminate when the states are mixed.

It is possible you could use the IUIElementCreation interface to override this behavior, but this could be confusing to users who are familiar with the current behavior.

Children