Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo ItemNotInList event
posted

I have a bound combo to a SQL Server tinyint field and a list of items to chose from populated by setting the databindings to a dataview with a tinyint value field and string display field. 

Selecting an item in the list is firing the ItemNotInList event though.  Very weird:  in the event, capturing the value field shows the correct new value and after the event , the focus changes and the dataset isupdated with the correct value.  If I select the previously chosed value (that is, the value of the bound record), then the event does not fire.

If indeed I do type an invalid value, the event shows the bad text as the value, the old value is restored, and the dataset is not updated.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

There's no such thing as a TinyInt in Dotnet. So what's the DataType of the grid column that is bound to the TinyInt field? It's probably Int16 or something like that.

What version of the controls are you using?

Are you absolutely certain that the field in the DropDown is using the same DataType as the field in the grid?

Children