Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
What is the reason of entering edit mode?
posted

Hi folks,

We have the cell with ButtonsRight added to it and the cell accepts text input as well. When it enters edit mode, we put a custom textbox with the advanced application functionality  over the cell. We have a good reason not to use ControlContainerEditor but I won't expand on it in this post (I may, if you want though).  

We put the custom text box control on BeforeEnterEditMode and setting Cancel for entring the edit mode to true.

When a user enters edit mode in other way than clicking the button, the custom text box should be put over the cell. But when he/she clicks the button, the button handler should be invoked which doesn't happen, because in BeforeEnterEditMode handler entering edit mode is canceled and the button Click event is not fired after that.

The button (EditorButton) is added to the cells editor's (UltraTextEditor) ButtonsRight.

How do I know that the user clicked on the drilldown button? Or is it possible to handle the button click without entering edit mode?

I thought to check if the user clicked over the button on mouse events like MouseDown, MouseClick, MouseUp, ClickCell, buy they all are fired after BeforeEnterEditMode.

Thanks,
Vitaly

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Vitaly,

The grid cell must enter edit mode in order for the EditorButtonClick event to fire. There's no way around that.

But, you could probably use the MouseDown event of the grid and use the grid's UIElements to detect when the user clicks on an EditorButton in the cell and call some method instead of using the event handler.

Children