Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Application hangs on switching tabs because of validation
posted

Hi all,

this is occurring on Version 2008.3:

I have a UserControl containing a TextBox in a Panel wich is docked together with other Panes in a TabGroup.

The TextBox has a Validating event where I display a MessageBox if the text is wrong. After entering a Text which is not validated and clicking on another tab, the MessageBox is shown and then the application hangs. I attach a simple demo project.

Does anybody have an idea how can I avoid this?

Thanks,

Anca

DockManagerAndValidation.zip
Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Anca,

I tested your sample at 8.3 and the UltraTextEditor_Validating event fies 4 times whenever an invalid value is entered and you switch tabs. That event should fire just once. I tested the sample at 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3 and the event fires just once. The issue still exists at 2009 volume 2, but that volume just had its last service release so no more changes will be made to that version.

I would upgrade to 10.1 or later and that will solve the issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Charlie
    Senior Developer Support Engineer
    MCTS

Children