Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to know when a control in a DockableControlPane is visible
posted

Hi,

I want to implement docking in our windows, but I have a little problem.
Our windows typically contains lots of data which often is master-detail related,
so lets say that we have a master grid and the active row in that grid controls the
data in 5 other grids. I want the users to be able to show/dock/tab/hide these
5 grids as they want. The data in a detail grid is fetched fom a server when the
master row changes and I don't want to get any detail data for a detail grid that is not visible
to the user.

Therfor I need to know when a control in dockablecontrolpane is visible or not, and also
I like to have an event when this state changes. This way a detail control will be notified
that "now you are visible" (for instance selected in a tabgroup, or flied out) so it can be populated
with data for the master row. And similar that the Control/Pane knows that
it is visible when the master row changes and retrieves the data directly.

I have been experimenting with the docking, but haven't found out how to this in a correct
and reliable way.

-tomas.  

Parents
No Data
    posted

You can check the IsVisible property of any pane to determine if it is not hidden. As far as getting notified when the visibility changes, you can hook the PaneDisplayed and PaneHidden events of the UltraDockManager.

Children