Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unhook InitializeRow when the updates are non-UI
posted

Hi, i have a Ultrawingrid bound to a typed datatable.I am doing data validation in initializeRow and then using DataRowView to display the error message/marks.

At the same time , I am also doing some column autofilling based on some other columns input values. (in InitializeRow). Once the user input has been accepted and validated, we send a bunch of server requests and the callback updates the underlying datatable which is bound to the grid. (with thread safety and invokes etc etc)

What I need to do is:

1) Figure out a way so that one column autofilling another one doesn't refire initializeRow

2) Figure out a way to not Fire/Process InitializeRow when the updates are made directly to the underlying DataTable by the callback(Marshalled back onto the UI thread)

I tried using the CellChange Event for the autofilling, but then it doesn't fire on MultiCellPaste and there were some other issues, Still trying to find out if i can really manage to do workarounds #1 and #2

Thanks,