Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TextBox Editing In Conjunction With A Manually Populated Tree
posted

Hi,

Can anyone help with his please ?

I am currently manually populating nodes within an ultratree due to a complex data hierarchy. Ideally I would like to be able to place a textbox next to each tree node to enable the user to enter a value. Note, I am not trying to change the node text property, but instead record a value against each node and access this later within code.

I had assumed ( hoped ) that setting the ViewStyle to "Grid" should present columns to permit user editing capabilities. This certainly happens for a normal databound treeview, but, being manually populated this doesn't work. I guess I can't really expect it to because the tree isn't aware of the data structure.

Is there a correct way of providing textbox editing capabilities within a treeview whose nodes are being created in code ? Is it a case of manually creating some kind of column set for example ?

Thanks,

Nick  

Parents
    Offline posted

Cell editing was not enabled with the first release of multi-column support, so for legacy reasons it could not be enabled by default. You can set UltraTree.ColumnSettings.AllowCellEdit property to 'Full' to enable cell editing.

Note that you must also set the UltraTree.Override.CellClickAction property in order for the cells to enter edit mode when the user clicks the cell.

Reply Children