Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is it possible to have interval in millisecond or frame in the ultratimelineview?
posted

Hi,

We work in a broadcast channel and we would like to use your ultratimelineview but seems that interval is fixed to 5 minutes minimum...

Do we have to do something to have less than that? like milliseconds or frame (1 frame = 40 milliseconds)

Or simply, no way to do that because of control limitation?

Thank you,

Kind Regards.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Actually the limit is one minute, which is the granularity for all WinSchedule controls.

That control was not designed for video timelines, it was designed to present the WinSchedule objects like Appointments and Holidays. The object that governs the generation of timeslots was designed fir extensibility so that you can derive from the base class (DateTimeInterval) and override properties and methods so as to define customized divisions of time, but the primary use case driving that effort was working hour shifts, like 3 8-hour slots per day, not anything involving seconds or milliseconds.

I wanted to see if this limitation could be overcome but the scrolling logic makes the assumption that the minimum unit of time is one minute, so whilke I was able to get the thing to recognize millisecond-duration time slots, the scrolling logic rounds everything, thus preventing horizontal scrolling pretty much altogether.

If you like you can submit a feature request for this functionality.

One alternative approach, although it amounts to a flamboyant hack, would be to use a PrimaryInterval of one minute, then use the ColumnHeaderInitializing event to for the column header display so as to make it look like the unit of time is milliseconds rather than minutes. You would of course have to adjust the actual time by a factor of 60000 to get your millisecond value. I'm not sure exactly what you plan on using this to do, but I think it would be possible to at least make it look like the unit of time is millisecond.

Children