Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
GDI Memory Leak with UltraCombo
posted

Hi,

Recently, one of my customer have experienced a memory leak because of the maximum GDI Objects that Windows XP accept; 10 000 before throwing a OutOfMemoryException.

I started searching in my framework and found a lot of leaks but not enough after many corrections.

I have created a small project with no dependencies except the framework of Microsoft and a couple of librairies of Infragistics to see if the problem can also be from Infragistics controls.

I have created a form with just one control; a UltraCombo.

This form is open as MdiChild of another form of type MdiParent.

When I open and close many times the MdiChild, the GDI Objects never stop to increase about 2 GDI Objects each time I close the form.

When I try with many controls of Microsoft like Textbox, Checkbox, label, etc... the number of GDI Objects always return to the original number.

Furthermore, when I click the dropdown button (And I have no datasource defined for the control), the GDI Objects grow from 20 and when I close the form, this number don't goes down.

As example, when I start the application, I have 54 GDI Objects. When I open the MdiChild, this number rises 72. If I close the form, the number goes down to 67. If I reopen again the MdiChild, the number of GDI Objects is now 74 and when I close it, it goes down 69. And it grow like that each time I open and close the form. If I open the drop down list, the number grow of increase of 10 and event if I close the form, the number of GDI Objects is now 86 (74 + 10 + 2)

My conclusion is that the UltraCombo have a memory leak. A small one but with many UltraCombo controls in the same form like in many of my real projects, this can be a problem if the user works many hours while opening and closing many forms that contains theses controls.

I don't try with UltraGrid and I will wait for your answer; recommandation...

Thank you.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

I have created support case (CAS-51470-8LXHVG) for this question. Feel free to attach your sample in the forum or in the case. We will gladly look at it and cheek for you if there is a memory leak.

Thank you

Sincerely,
    Dimi
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.

Children