Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Appearences
posted

Just a quick question...I have a form with a LOT of infragistics controls. Usually everything is styled the same...

On the code behind for the form designer...where it sets up the controls and layouts....I have A LOT OF THESE.

Infragistics.Win.Appearance appearance107 = new Infragistics.Win.Appearance();

So...I know I saw something in an Article Mike S. wrote about re-using appearences. Can I set up ONE appearence ....let's say in a glass that is global to the software..and just reuse it? I am thinking to setup a single appearence for each control type and use it this way? I am thinking in the right direction or do I not need to worry that I am up to appearance 200 on just 1 form?

Thanks. I know I ask a lot but we have a lot of people using our software. (and your controls).

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Yes, you can and ashould do it that way. Assuming the property settings are the same, you can instantiate one Appearance object, set the properties on it, and set the Appearance property of the consuming control/object, rather than use the Appearance instance that is automatically created by the property getter.

One thing to note is that you might not be able to do this in the designer, but the code is rudimentary.

Children